Friday 11 May 2012

Que Sera Sera


Last night I was lucky enough to have one of my best ladies pay me a visit from the fine city of Burlington for a quick dinner date.  Living away from home sometimes takes it's toll;  it's the nicest to be able to sit and chat idly without having to even say much at all.  I miss that the most about my friends from home. 

I decided to try my hand at modifying a recipe I found for Spinach and Mushroom Quesidillas on Martha Stewart's Website.  I am starting to get a little sick of Indian inspired dishes...I overloaded a little on the cumin last week and was craving a meal with less of a flavour blast.  I used good old cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, and sweet onions instead of red...but all in all, I think they turned out wonderfully.  I whipped up a little spinach and strawberry salad with feta to go along with the meal and voila! Dinner.

I have to admit that I am starting to miss eating meat just a little.  I've really enjoyed the challenge of coming up with creative dishes and trying new things...but every now and then I get a pang of longing for a New York Strip-loin ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment